Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Blog response of the Day: Frustration at a Dodge Dealership

Feeling Frustrated
Hearing the sound of rain.



How many of us live in the real world where you go to a car dealership and they fall all over themselves and jump thru hoops so you BUY one of their beautiful cars? Now remember that I worked at AMC/ Chrysler for over 30 years in Kenosha, WI, and although we knew from stats and records that we were the best in building engines on a few occasions, in the whole world! But mistakes are going to be made-- and when a person gets a recall for something gone wrong or broke on his/ her car in the mail, they would like to remedy the situation ASAP. We depend on their honesty and fair play, right.

Let's call a dealership in Kenosha, WI ,"PM" and you scheduled a certain time to come in to correct the default (screw up) on your car, and they estimate the time of repair to be one hour. You sit in the waiting room in a uncomfortable child sized chair, but you know it COULD take long because of 'Murphy's Law' (which is always the case now days with our untrained teenage work force..lol), but then 2 hours go by and then 3, so YOU have to go to THEM and shake them down for an honest answer and their promise to deliver. They tell you that they need just 5 minutes to complete the "paperwork", right? But you already know that's another lie. So after another 20 minutes, you approach the same guys that took your car and keys in the beginning but they act as if you are from Mars and they pretend they don't know what to say or do. That's why I always carry pen and paper, to take names, time, etc.

My wife an I went to that very place this morning, got lied to and jerked around all morning when I was the first person there at 0730 on 3-21-07. Trouble is, almost everyone I ever knew while working on the Chrysler assembly line in the old days told me that was the worst place to go- ever! I have had problems with other places too, but not as bad. I always take my wife or a friend so "staff|" can't lie about my conduct or words at a place like "PM". I also know how to tell time and express myself very well in ENGLISH-- I'm a college man...lol.

My wife and I thought we would test drive a new '07 Dodge Ram 4 by 4 pickup truck while our wait and a salesman ran down some numbers for us so we could compare.. and we are in the market. But this is about the 10th bad experience with these sorry 'people' in the past 8 years, so I know that I will be buying my next vehicle elsewhere even if I have to drive an extra 30 miles and in another state. I know that there are many 'baby boomers' who think the same as me.

Any comments, please send them to my email address or this web site. Remember, if you don't have enough guts to stand up for your rights-- no one else will. tschuckman@aol.com


Link: http://journals.aol.com/tschuckman/OldSoldierTomsJournal/entries/2007/03/21/getting-jerked-around-at-a-car-dealership-in-wi./1367

No comments: