Thursday, October 19, 2006

NASCAR’s Car of Tomorrow not liked by drivers

TOPSPEED | on 10.19.2006 10:00 By Andy Reiss - - Jeff Gordon and Matt Kenseth declared themselves not happy with the Car of Tomorrow NASCAR intends to use starting 2007.“I’ll admit, I’m not a big fan of the Car of Tomorrow,” said Jeff Gordon. “I think there’s some technology in there that’s good. Certainly safety-wise, I think there’s some things that I like.”

Kenseth, the 2003 champion, tested the COT at Michigan. “I wasn’t very impressed by any of it, really,” he said. “I think they’re going to be a lot different to set up. It looks like a normal car, but setting it up I think there’s going to be a lot more engineering and more expense involved to figure out what these cars need to run fast.”

It’s funny,” Kenseth continued. “You’re out here (and) the normal car looks like a racecar, and you catch (a COT) and it kind of looks like a school bus or something. It looks really, really strange, so it is going to take some getting used to.”

The biggest issue I have with the car is it doesn’t look like a racecar,” Gordon said. “To me, when I think of a Car of Tomorrow, I think of the ingenuity, technology. … But I think we could have done it by also making it look like the Car of Tomorrow. Have some futuristic things in it that look cool. It doesn’t have that.”

The ’Car of Tomorrow’ will make its limited debut in 2007.

nascar 8217 s car of tomorrow not liked by drivers nascar 8217 s car of tomorrow not liked by drivers nascar 8217 s car of tomorrow not liked by drivers

view all pictures(5)

No comments: