Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Mercedes-Benz Financial and the Entrepreneurs' Organization Honor Collegiate

Entrepreneurs in the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards
CHICAGO, Nov. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- The Entrepreneurs Organization
sponsored Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) presented by
Mercedes-Benz Financial honors extraordinary young entrepreneurs who began
companies while undergraduate students. The winner along with a $10,000
prize will be given the opportunity to work with a mentor from the
Entrepreneurs' Organization, receive donated services including printing
and web services, attendance at one of EO's international conferences and
networking opportunities with local Entrepreneurs' Organization members.
There are ten finalists who are attending the awards on November 2-3, 2006
at the Hyatt Regency at McCormick Place in Chicago, IL and the winner will
be announced on November 3, 2006 at 6:30 p.m.

"I am excited to be part of GSEA competition. It wasn't until I met
like-minded, supportive people that I was able to realize my dreams and tap
into my ambitions. It is a blessing to be part of something that provides
such rich opportunities. Lessons I learned from the EO conference I
attended and professionals that Dean Lindal introduced me to have helped me
to look at myself as more than a student entrepreneur but a first class
difference maker," said Bertrand Gervais, GSEA finalist
In addition to the ten finalists, 1200 college students from around the
nation and top executives and entrepreneurs will be attending the Global
Student Entrepreneur Awards. The panel of judges who decide the overall
winner is comprised of EO members, leading entrepreneurs and top
executives.

Through the GSEA program, students are given the opportunity to network
with prominent EO members. In addition to the awards, each of the ten
finalists is featured in a book about young entrepreneurs by Michael
McMyne, a previous GSEA winner and successful entrepreneur.
"Being a part of GSEA is a transformational experience. I am grateful
for the advice, encouragement, and energy from EO that has helped me to
overcome obstacles in my business and accelerate me toward my goals," said
Paul Schieter, Hedgehog Leatherworks

No comments: